PHILIP LASSITER HORN ARRANGING COURSE
● 8 week course on modern horn arranging
● 90 minute zoom class every Saturday at 10am CST
● Study & analysis of instructorʼs scores and protools recordings
● Covers everything from orchestration, transposition, notation, ranges to creative approach, taste and style.
● In depth study of voicings and techniques specific to my style.
● Assignments given every week to challenge students
● Critique of every individualʼs arrangements
● Access to professor throughout the week via email for questions and assistance
In this course you will learn how to write for 3 to 8 piece horn sections for modern musical styles. This course will equip you to know everything you need to know about applying your ideas to the horn section and how to effectively communicate and notate your horn arrangements.
We will study my recordings and get inside them, analyzing voicings, melodic motifs and techniques used to write HOT horn arrangements for modern music.
Through this course, you WILL understand the horn section like never before, opening the door to a vast new world of creativity and musical wonder. Some understanding of music theory & notation would be helpful but not entirely mandatory.
This class is available for all levels of students but will be tailored to fit each studentʼs needs and desires.
Price: $1,250 to reserve spot
Note: Payment plan available if needed. Please email me to work out a payment schedule.
Class will begin on December 5, 2020 and conclude January 30. December 26 will be skipped due to the holidays.
To book email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
““The genius of Phil is to marry his masterpiece arrangements that concludes the story of the song. His sound lifts the idea off of the paper until you feel it in your chest”. ” - -Kirk Franklin